Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sad Chairs revamping

Hi!

A friend of mine gave me thse 2 old chairs for free. I loved them from the start because of their small size, clean lines and solid wood frame.
But, c'mon, they were too drab, too stuck in the 80's, too "dental office" ..too sad!

Solution: Get some happy fabric and refinish these sweeties.

I got this tropical (so me!!) fabric at my local fabric shop on sale and it took me 10 min to finish this first  part of this beautification.



How sad...:(




Always start stapling from the middle, pulling the fabric really tight, working you way out.
 Be patient when making the corners, it will pay off !
I decided to remove the back cushion, as it looks not so heavy and formal. 
Now to the second part: I need to decide what colour to use to refinish the wood. Suggestions are welcome!
Thanks!!

Linking up to:


3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric you used! I saw you on Funky Junk's party and came to see your chairs. I can't believe there are no comments! You obviously have a good eye for style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric you used! I saw you on Funky Junk's party and came to see your chairs. I can't believe there are no comments! You obviously have a good eye for style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann!!
      Thank you soo much !
      I love comments yay!
      Dont' get many , hard life,lol... so yours brightened my day!!!
      Fabric form my local fabric store,isnt it lovely?
      Cheers
      Andrea

      Delete