Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scrap Fabric Chandelier

Hi!
I am  continuously decorating my craft space to reflect "me", and I must say it is a never ending project, always changing something.:)
This is one of the reasons, why, despite having promised my dear friend Sue from House Pretty, that I would pots photos of it here, I always postpone this post.
Oh, the other reason: the room is ALWAYS extremely messy! Not fit for pictures:)
But I promise. One day.
For now, this cute ( I love it!) chandelier I made for it:
Let me explain:
Found this thing, already stripped off any fabric  at my thrifted store for...$2.99!!!
Grabbed some scraps of fabric, made strips out of them and  also grabbed my  Rustoleum spray paint (red). I also distressed it a bit after painting.
For some reason I can  not find my pictures of the painting process ( this was made a long time ago, over summer, only now I am posting ...TALK about procrastination)

The process was very straightforward, juts tie them to the frame with knots. Very tedious, but easy.
Many minutes later...( embarrassed to say hours ..)

It was ready
 I asked my husband to hang it for me,  obviously. I wanted to have it hang from the ceiling, but it was becoming too complicated to both of us , so I decided to put some hooks on the ceiling and attach to the frame. That was easy.
Love the shadows it produces  when it is on.


Linking up to:


7 comments:

  1. That is so cute! By the way, I love the pops of red in the room. And, I figure, if this is the only view of your craft room that I'm going to get before we get to NL, I guess I had better savor this view, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue!
      And no, I will TRY to post photos of the room BEFORE you get here wink wink

      xoxo
      Andrea

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful and welcoming blog:):)
    Congrats on receiving the Liebster award from Angela...now I know why she nominated you!
    To celebrate, I'm following my fellow nominees!
    Yay You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Nay!

      WIll gladly follow you back!

      xoxo
      Andrea

      Delete
  3. hi andrea! i absolutely love your blog. i'm a fellow mama who's totally into crafting and all things artsy. new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meghan!

      I will visit your blog as well and gladly follow you back!
      xoxo
      Andrea

      Delete
  4. I've loved looking through your blog....such awesome ideas! And this chandelier is beautiful! I'm your newest follower! :)
    Danielle @snipetsofinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete