Friday, August 3, 2012

Brightening a small thrifted mirror

Hi!
This was a mini transformation that took very little time and resulted in a little yellow beauty that I know use in my craft room.
I found this small mirror at my favourite thrift store in town and, despite the golden patina was not too bad ( well, just a bit sad and down), I decided to change it anyways! More colour, please!
I had a yellow spray paint (Rustoleum Sun Yellow) and decided to use it to brighten the sad little thing up.
Next, my easy way to glaze black craft paint plus glazing medium 1:3
Rag to the work...
Wipe excess off...


A bright touch in my craft room!



Somewhat Simple

Catch a Glimpse Button

HookingupwithHoH

Katie's Nesting Spot



The Shabby Nest

Hubby Made Me



4 comments:

  1. Amanda would love that! Yellow is her favorite color!! And, now you're just teasing me, because you have given just a hint of a view of your craft area! I want more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue!
      I love this yellow as well! And yes, I will post about my craft room!

      Delete
  2. ahhh love the yellow paint! Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete