Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Embellishing a cheap wreath

Hi!

I always wanted to have a huge beautiful wreath up in my mantle wall but never had the guts ( or pocket) to pay the big bucks they ask for it!
This year I found this one half price ( 17 bucks!!) at Michael's, but bare...well, just the way I wanted so I could  do whatever!!!
After some embellishments it was  perfect for me! Very convenient also that they were all 50% off at Michael's!

From dab...
To fab...
Take one ugly cheap skinny wreath
Take one old garland
Some wire
I wrapped the old  garland I had to the new skinny wreath to make it fuller and bulkier. Just tied with the wire, no hot glue necessary at all. It looks better already!

 Some new 50% off embellishments (ah, the pine cone smell soooo  nice, cinnamon scent...)
 

The embellishment garlands I wrapped using the  wreath own  boughs
I used hot glue to attach the pine cones and small ornaments


 The bow is a simple one made with wired ribbon ( sorry, forgot to take photos)


And my living room smells wonderful as well, love it!
------------
Dec 20 : I just added a  new touch to it...check it out! a cheep small wreath to the centre, so festive!Not bad for a (former) skinny and ugly little thing !


Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy
Todays Creative Blog







Tip Junkie handmade projects












1 comment:

  1. So cute, great job! I am going to be featuring you at my party this week:) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete