Saturday, September 3, 2011

Straw Beads

Hi!
Sofia had her good friend for a play date the other day .Well, at a (fleeting ) certain moment they got a bit bored and wanted to do some "crafts". I asked if they wanted to do some beading , they said yes but I was too lazy to look for beads upstairs. This is where the straws come in...and very handy! I had seen this done before, in a kids day camp, and thought it perfect! 
Just cut the straws (the bored young souls can  help you do this !), get some thread or yarn, and let them thread away! I love it because it doesn't roll all over the place, it is more steady somehow. you keep more under control, you know what I mean....

They had a 20 minute break in their (also quick ending) boredom I must say!

















Disposable beads that toy can vacuum without pity!


















Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special



Beneath the Rowan Tree

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I think I will try this the next time my 2 youngest start saying they are BORED.
    Also, your little girl's room is just beautiful, love the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete