Friday, July 22, 2011

Hair Bows Wreath

Hi!

My little Sofia has 19008474 hair bows and 56765447554 headbands ( my fault, as I keep making them for her) and I am seriously running out of space in her drawer for all of them. Additionally, they look really messy in there and it is hard to pick anything...too tiring to go through the mess to get the one we want...
So, I had  an idea of using a wire wreath, which I think it is really cute and practical..oh, and of course,  simple and cheap   :0)
Doesn't involve any painting either, as well as no glueing, nothing!
And if you have a coupon the wreath can be as cheap $ 2 !. Unfortunately, because I wanted this done TODAY, I paid full price for mine,  $ 4.59   :0(
In the end I thing it works as a piece of decor too, so pretty and colourful and feminine, what do you think??
As I still did not come with a practical idea for the headbands ( they are hard to accommodate aren't they? they still live  in the dressing drawer, but I must say, much more comfortably now   :0)
Accepting ideas!wink wink


The gazzilion bows
The wreath
 Bows going to their new home ( no instruction needed gals, just clip them on)
 More "bowy"? (??!!!) friends keep on coming
 All together now!
ohhh...
So pretty... organized togetherness
There!
Sofia's new bow wreath

Cute or what? :0)

Blessings!

































Beneath the Rowan Tree



BWS tips button

Sumo Sweet Stuff


Making

The Girl Creative








oneprettything



13 comments:

  1. I am speechless (no not really, I never am!), honestly that is the cutest, cleverest idea I have seen in a long time...I am so impressed! I came over to say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a sweet comment and now I'm going to have to follow along so I can see some more of your awesomeness :) Keep it comin!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! your comment motivates me a LOT!!!

    Just sent you an email!!
    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! My Sophia has a about a bajillion hair bows (like you it is totally my own fault!) that have outgrown her holder. I think I see a trip to the craft store in my near future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes very cute :)

    BTW I'm hosting a 12 FAT quarter Fabric Giveaway. Come by and check it out when you get a chance :)

    Q @ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and clever! I've seen projects where folks are storing headbands around altered canisters. Sorry I can't provide a link but I'm sure they won't be hard to find in a search.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! Cute and functional - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea,

    Hope you are enjoying your summer! Love the bow wreath! I love some of those pretty bows. I may have to get you to make me some for purchase the fall for my lil princess. When I saw the wreath on Sophia's wall my first thought was how pretty and what a memorable keepsake. It would be nice for you to take a bunch of pictres of her wearing the different bows and make a collage. Looking forward to spending Tuesday dance with you in the fall

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all you girls!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Cute! And yes, we need a headband option!!! I don't know what to do! Following you now too ;)

    Brittanie@Cupcakeskissesncrumbs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant. and cute! I featured it at The Storage Geek with full credit and link back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For headbands we repurposed an old oatmeal container. Just cover it with cute paper. You can store elastics inside and the headbands go around the canister. Simple and cute. Found it on Pinterest which is how I found you too! I am doing a baby shower for my Best Girl friend and we are doing your Wreath for the Front door Decor and then giving her all the bows for her sweet baby girl! Thanks for the idea!!

    Here's a link for the headband holder:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/228909593529568065/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking if making this for a shower gift. How many bows do you think I'd need to make?

    ReplyDelete