Thursday, June 23, 2011

My First "Event"


I was asked to make some flower arrangements for  special lunch we were going to have at out church, a farewell to our  Pastor and his family, who sadly are leaving us to go back to the US snif snif...

I had a budget of course, and 30 arrangements to do, so I hit the local grocery store and  Costco for flowers  and my favourite dollar store for vases.

I was so happy that I found beautiful glass vases  for 2 bucks at Dollarama and was equally lucky that last weekend everybody, read Costco and grocery decided to have a flower sale. All I have to say... yipieeeeeee!!!!

I knew I wanted to use whole lemons as well, but when I got home I realized I did not have enough... so my solution was to cut them in half, which was perfect in the end as it gave the arrangements an extra citric scent that I loved!

I used cream roses, orange lilies, red and peach gerberas , greenery, a green spiky one I do not know the name ( sorry:0(  and lemons cut in half. I use the cut stems of the  flowers for the lemons.
My best compliment came from my dear brother in love who is a wonderful and accomplished florist ( you can check his beautiful store and arrangements  here )....he said I did well, so I am happy!

Here are some shots:














And let me tell you, the scent was sooo nice...I love flowers!


Somewhat Simple






No comments:

Post a Comment